Six get 10 years in jail for dacoity
- Yechury set to succeed Karat as Pillai pulls out of race
- LIVE: Govt will take your land and not provide you adequate compensation, says Rahul Gandhi
- This govt is for the poor, and we need to spread this message: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- Maoist chief admits to loss of leaders, weakening base, asks cadres to open fronts
- Group of Ministers back, in ‘informal’ avatar
Six persons were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment by a local court here in a three-year-old dacoity case. Special Judge Sushil Kumar Tyagi also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each on the six on Thursday. The six - Salim, Arif, Shahzad, Nafasat, Wahauddin and Arif - broke into the house of Raj Kumar Agarwal in Mohalla Kotla at Chandpur on February 25, 2009 and looted cash and jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh. On March 31, 2009, the police had nabbed all the six from Square at Chadnpur.