Six get 10 years in jail for dacoity
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: Modi says Rahul, Sonia, Vadra, Priyanka (RSVP) model looted India
Six persons were sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment by a local court here in a three-year-old dacoity case. Special Judge Sushil Kumar Tyagi also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each on the six on Thursday. The six - Salim, Arif, Shahzad, Nafasat, Wahauddin and Arif - broke into the house of Raj Kumar Agarwal in Mohalla Kotla at Chandpur on February 25, 2009 and looted cash and jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh. On March 31, 2009, the police had nabbed all the six from Square at Chadnpur.