Six killed in Mumbai slum fire
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
Six persons were killed and eight injured in a fire that gutted several hutments here today.
The fire broke out in Mahim's Nayanagar slum early today, fire brigade sources said, adding that the cause of the fire was not yet known. Eight fire engines and two ambulances were rushed to the spot, they said.
Asked to comment on reports that the dead included a
woman and three children, a spokesperson for the BMC's
disaster control room said the bodies were awaiting
Five bodies are at the Bhabha Hospital and the sixth is
at the Sion Hospital. The injured have also been shifted to the Bhabha Hospital, the spokesperson said.