Six killed in Mumbai slum fire
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Six persons were killed and eight injured in a fire that gutted several hutments here today.
The fire broke out in Mahim's Nayanagar slum early today, fire brigade sources said, adding that the cause of the fire was not yet known. Eight fire engines and two ambulances were rushed to the spot, they said.
Asked to comment on reports that the dead included a
woman and three children, a spokesperson for the BMC's
disaster control room said the bodies were awaiting
Five bodies are at the Bhabha Hospital and the sixth is
at the Sion Hospital. The injured have also been shifted to the Bhabha Hospital, the spokesperson said.