Six Lashkar men who trained with Mumbai attackers holed up in Kashmir
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to file nomination from Varanasi tomorrow; Cong slams Modi for levelling 'cheap' allegations against Gandhi family
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
A section of the Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists trained along with the Mumbai attackers are hiding in the mountains of north Kashmir.
Sources say that the group of six is led by a Lashkar commander code-named Musa of Bahawalpur. Sources reveal that the terrorists have been divided into two groups — of four and two.
According to them, LeT had initially planned a fidayeen attack in Kashmir using two terrorists from this group but it was shelved to avoid the remote possibility of their arrest. All the six are from Punjab in Pakistan.
Sources reveal that soon after the Mumbai terror strike, Lashkar's main communication centre in Sialkote sector was closed but it started functioning after 10 days. Sources say Lashkar commander Zarar Shah's communications were picked up from this centre.
According to them, LeT is actively planning an attack in a metro using its cadre from J&K. The aim, sources say, is to bring in the Kashmir connection and divert attention. Security agencies are investigating the whereabouts of three LeT men from Doda district.
Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist arrested in Mumbai, told investigators that initially 32 were trained together at a Lashkar camp, of which 13 were selected. Of these, six were sent elsewhere and three new members—including the leader of the operation, Ismail Khan—joined later.
Press Trust of India has reported that according to the dossier India handed over to Pakistan, six terrorists have been sent to Kashmir for "some operation." The terrorists were trained at Lashkar-e-Taiba camps in Muridke, Manshera and Muzaffarabad (in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir), says the dossier which has included Kasab's interrogation report. "Ultimately, 13 persons out of the group (of 32) were selected for carrying out attacks in India. Six of the 13 were sent for some operations in Kashmir," the dossier said. (with PTI)
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready