Six-month-old infant dies on board Rajdhani Express
- Political parties can't be under RTI Act: Centre tells Supreme Court
- US stocks plunge in early trade; Dow Jones falls more than 1,000 points
- Black Monday: Sensex crashes 1,624 pts; Rs 7-lakh cr wiped out
- OROP row escalates, ex-serviceman on fast-unto-death shifted to hospital
- UN court to India: Suspend all trials against Italian marines
A six-month-old girl died on board the New Delhi-Kolkata Rajdhani Express due to what is suspected to be a "cardiac arrest" on Wednesday. The train, at the time, was crossing Ghaziabad.
Northern Railway officials said the infant was rushed to a hospital in Ghaziabad, when passengers pulled the emergency chain.
Police said Vijender Yadav, a resident of Azamgarh who works with the Army, was travelling to New Jalpaiguri with his wife, daughter and a relative.
"The train left New Delhi station at 2 pm, and soon after, the family contacted the train superintendent saying the child was unwell.
"A doctor from AIIMS was on board, who checked the child and said it seemed like a cardiac arrest. The chain was pulled at 2:33 pm and Railway Protection Force transported her to the district hospital," Spokesperson of Northern Railway Neeraj Sharma said.