Six-year-old crushed under school bus wheels, driver arrested
"The school bus belonged to a private company, Mehta Travels. It had a contract with the SVP School for the last 20 years. Its owner, Jigar Mehta, gave us Yadav's address," said Pimple.
Mehta said Yadav had been a substitute for the company's permanent driver who had gone on leave. "He had been called only for today. As he was experienced, I trusted him," said Mehta.
Police said Yadav had been working with BEST and stayed in BEST colony in Malwani. He will be presented before a court on Thursday.
February 29 Four-year-old Tanishka Nautiyal died after she was run over by the school bus after she was dropped home in Vasai
February 13 Three-year-old Tulaja Babban Kapure was run over by a school bus near R N Gandhi School close to Vidyavihar station
February 8 Six-year-old Zahra Shaikh was injured after she came under the wheels of a school bus in Vakola. The driver was allegedly listening to music when the accident took place
January 19 Five students were injured in an accident near the L P Flyover in Nerul when a school bus hit a tempo while taking a U-turn
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover