Six-year-old crushed under school bus wheels, driver arrested
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
"The school bus belonged to a private company, Mehta Travels. It had a contract with the SVP School for the last 20 years. Its owner, Jigar Mehta, gave us Yadav's address," said Pimple.
Mehta said Yadav had been a substitute for the company's permanent driver who had gone on leave. "He had been called only for today. As he was experienced, I trusted him," said Mehta.
Police said Yadav had been working with BEST and stayed in BEST colony in Malwani. He will be presented before a court on Thursday.
February 29 Four-year-old Tanishka Nautiyal died after she was run over by the school bus after she was dropped home in Vasai
February 13 Three-year-old Tulaja Babban Kapure was run over by a school bus near R N Gandhi School close to Vidyavihar station
February 8 Six-year-old Zahra Shaikh was injured after she came under the wheels of a school bus in Vakola. The driver was allegedly listening to music when the accident took place
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation