'Skyfall' the highest grossing Bond film ever
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
'Skyfall', the 23rd official James Bond movie, has reeled in $669 million, making it the highest-grossing installment in the 50-year-old franchise.
The Daniel Craig starrer has earned a massive $507.9 million internationally and $161.3 million in North America, a media report said.
The Sam Mendes directed film is well ahead of the $599.2 million earned by 'Casino Royale' in 2006.
The success of 'Skyfall' has been a boon for Sony, which is enjoying a record year. Sony is releasing and marketing the movie on behalf of MGM and EON Productions.
Sony chairman of worldwide marketing and distribution Jeff Blake announced that the studio has crossed $4 billion in global tickets sales for the first time in its history.
The studio's previous best was $3.6 billion in 2009. Sony's 2012 slate also includes 'The Amazing Spider-Man' with $754 million worldwide, 'Men in Black 3' with $ 624 million and 'Hotel Transylvania' with $283 million.