'Skyfall' UK's highest-grossing film of all time
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
James Bond movie "Skyfall" has broken records at the UK box office by becoming the highest grossing movie in British cinema history.
The 23rd installment of the 007 franchise, starring Daniel Craig as the suave superspy and directed by Sam Mendes, was an instant hit with audiences and critics alike upon its release in October, landing the biggest seven-day gross takings of all time in the UK, reported Daily Express.
It has now broken all box office records by raking in 94.2 million pounds in 40 days, overtaking the previous record held by "Avatar", which earned just over 94 million pounds in 2009.
"We're overwhelmed with gratitude to the cinema-going audiences in the UK who have made Skyfall the highest grossing film of all time.