Slain builder Lohariya’s son claims threat
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Slain builder S K Lohariya's son Sandeep said Monday he received calls warning of dire consequences unless he kept his mouth shut.
"I received a call on my cellphone from an international number late Saturday night. The caller used abusive language. He told me I should stop taking names of builders and businessman who I believe are responsible for my father's murder, failing which I would meet the same fate," he said.
Senior inspector Suresh Bhosale, Turbhe police station, said, "We have registered a complaint against unknown persons for criminal intimidation under IPC section 506 and are trying to trace the number."
Meanwhile, police are questioning six from Navi Mumbai who Sandeep claimed were involved. They are Suresh Bijlani, Anurag Garg, Bhupendra Gupta, Sumit Bacchewar, Surya prakash Agarwal and Vijay Gajra.
"The complainant has alleged while Venkatesh Shettiar was fleeing after killing his father, he shouted the six names. We have questioned them once and will question them again, if needed," said Police Commissioner A K Sharma.
One of those named in the FIR, Anurag Garg, runs a firm called Dimensions Architects Pvt Ltd in Navi Mumbai. The company, which is into construction and architectural hardware, was started in 1995, its website says.
In July last year, two cases of fraud and cheating were registered against Garg based on Lahoriya's writ petition.
After Lohariya and Pramod Mittal, both residents of Navi Mumbai, filed a writ petition in Bombay High Court against builders and Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation officials for illegal construction at Vignahar Cooperative Housing Society in sector 14, Nerul, the court directed local police to register an FIR.
According to the complainant, the builders of Vignahar CHS had two structural plans, one of which was approved by NMMC, but the building was constructed as per the other. Nerul police registered a case against 12 people, including Garg and his wife.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress