Slapping woman Sub-Inspector lands husband in jail
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: If Congress comes to power again, 40, 000 farmers will benefit, says Sonia
A husband of a woman Sub-Inspector has been arrested for allegedly slapping and injuring her, police said today.
Police said Muthuselvan (34) had slapped his wife Anitha Arockiamary, an SI working in the anti-landgrabbing cases wing, because she scolded his sister who jocularly asked her daughter to take money from her grand-father's pocket.
Police said there was a heated exchange between his sister and Anitha,and later the former had complained to Muthuselvan.
Anitha was admitted to hospital and on a complaint from her, police arrested Muthuselvan.
He was remanded to judicial custody today.
Muthuselvan had married her when he was a constable. He is not working in the police department now.