Slapping woman Sub-Inspector lands husband in jail
- India and Pakistan talks at SAARC meet: will there be more than the usual rhetoric?
- Won’t act if students hold Osama event: Princeton University President
- NDA’s Aadhaar Bill stronger than UPA’s on privacy: Nandan Nilekani
- Now it’s Congress: Bharat Mata Ki Jai or else
- Umar Khalid, Anirban led mob that raised slogans: Delhi Police
A husband of a woman Sub-Inspector has been arrested for allegedly slapping and injuring her, police said today.
Police said Muthuselvan (34) had slapped his wife Anitha Arockiamary, an SI working in the anti-landgrabbing cases wing, because she scolded his sister who jocularly asked her daughter to take money from her grand-father's pocket.
Police said there was a heated exchange between his sister and Anitha,and later the former had complained to Muthuselvan.
Anitha was admitted to hospital and on a complaint from her, police arrested Muthuselvan.
He was remanded to judicial custody today.
- BJP turns a blind eye to ally SAD’s disregard of the national interest in Punjab
- Modi govt has promoted and democratised the internet like no other in the past
- A look at the US presidential contenders’ positions on issues that matter to India
- We need to learn to keep politicians away from sports bodies
- Why criticism of the Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana is misplaced and unwarranted
- Dear Governor Solanki, please withhold your assent to the Punjab SYL bill