Slapping woman Sub-Inspector lands husband in jail
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
A husband of a woman Sub-Inspector has been arrested for allegedly slapping and injuring her, police said today.
Police said Muthuselvan (34) had slapped his wife Anitha Arockiamary, an SI working in the anti-landgrabbing cases wing, because she scolded his sister who jocularly asked her daughter to take money from her grand-father's pocket.
Police said there was a heated exchange between his sister and Anitha,and later the former had complained to Muthuselvan.
Anitha was admitted to hospital and on a complaint from her, police arrested Muthuselvan.
He was remanded to judicial custody today.
Muthuselvan had married her when he was a constable. He is not working in the police department now.