Slapping woman Sub-Inspector lands husband in jail
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
A husband of a woman Sub-Inspector has been arrested for allegedly slapping and injuring her, police said today.
Police said Muthuselvan (34) had slapped his wife Anitha Arockiamary, an SI working in the anti-landgrabbing cases wing, because she scolded his sister who jocularly asked her daughter to take money from her grand-father's pocket.
Police said there was a heated exchange between his sister and Anitha,and later the former had complained to Muthuselvan.
Anitha was admitted to hospital and on a complaint from her, police arrested Muthuselvan.
He was remanded to judicial custody today.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar