Slapping woman Sub-Inspector lands husband in jail
- Unjust to blame Modi, Shah alone for Bihar debacle: Nitin Gadkari
- High Drama at Akal Takht, bid to attack Jathedar
- Every action has equal and opposite reaction: Nitish on BJP rumblings
- Chetia handed over to India: All you need to know about the ULFA leader
- For second successive year, PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans
A husband of a woman Sub-Inspector has been arrested for allegedly slapping and injuring her, police said today.
Police said Muthuselvan (34) had slapped his wife Anitha Arockiamary, an SI working in the anti-landgrabbing cases wing, because she scolded his sister who jocularly asked her daughter to take money from her grand-father's pocket.
Police said there was a heated exchange between his sister and Anitha,and later the former had complained to Muthuselvan.
Anitha was admitted to hospital and on a complaint from her, police arrested Muthuselvan.
He was remanded to judicial custody today.
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- There was a silent wave in support of Nitish and Lalu
- A new Indo-US partnership model
- Patriot or nationalist? Why I will never be the latter
- India’s external sector has never been as strong as it has been since 1991-92
- An alarming rise in pollution levels underscores the urgent need for better regulation