DTC night bus service: Home guard dismissed for sleeping
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
A Delhi Home Guard, who was found sleeping during his duty on a night bus, was today dismissed from service, while the driver of the vehicle was placed under suspension.
The Delhi Transport Corporation bus was plying between Kashmere Gate to Najafgarh on route no 72 last night when a woman found the Home Guard on duty was sleeping.
Home Guards were recently deployed in night buses after an outrage over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus.
The services of Rajbir Singh, who was on duty on the DTC bus, were terminated with immediate effect based on a complaint filed by the woman, the Delhi Home Guard said.
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation
- Poor infrastructure not outdated syllabi — is what ails Indian universities
- India will have to get its act together on urban water
- Qandeel Baloch’s murder: Men craft, interpret and adjudicate over family laws in the subcontinent
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines