DTC night bus service: Home guard dismissed for sleeping
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
A Delhi Home Guard, who was found sleeping during his duty on a night bus, was today dismissed from service, while the driver of the vehicle was placed under suspension.
The Delhi Transport Corporation bus was plying between Kashmere Gate to Najafgarh on route no 72 last night when a woman found the Home Guard on duty was sleeping.
Home Guards were recently deployed in night buses after an outrage over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus.
The services of Rajbir Singh, who was on duty on the DTC bus, were terminated with immediate effect based on a complaint filed by the woman, the Delhi Home Guard said.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2