Slice of the Big Apple
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Despite the location it's situated in the bustling Sector 36 inner market that houses academic institutes the recently opened New York Pizza and Fried Chicken (NYPFC) makes it clear right at the entrance it's a "family' restaurant". Step inside and the vibrant hues red and yellow are reminiscent of an American diner. The New York skyline, its famous yellow taxis and the Brooklyn bridge follow you around on the walls.
Styled like a quick-service restaurant, the menu, true to its theme, offers the likes of burgers, pizzas, pastas, wraps, fried chicken and shakes. Finding a seat on the ground level there is a more spacious and lounge-like seating in the basement for larger groups we found the place buzzing. A stream of youngsters keeps flitting in and out, and don't take long to order, rattling out the names of their favourites dishes, which goes to suggest that the eatery has already found favour with them. The references to New York are plenty in the menu as well from a Brooklyn Combo that brings in fried chicken, burger, a soft drink and fries, to a Manhattan Combo, which has a similar pairing.
We settle for a NYPFC Burger that is listed as a speciality, and also order a pizza-sandwich and a portion of fried chicken. The latter is very familiar to the one a popular chain offers but we found it more succulent here. The burger was well-done and the leafy ingredients didn't end with just lettuce. We spotted veggies too, and the mayonnaise dressing was generous and had a nice flavour to it.
The newly launched pizza-sandwich is like an open calzone or a pizza pocket with a cold, crunchy and cheesy filling. For those who like wraps and filling portions, the pizza-sandwich is a good option. Also to cater to larger portions, a jumbo-sized Super Burger can be ordered.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer