Slice of the Big Apple
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Styled like a quick-service restaurant, the menu, true to its theme, offers the likes of burgers, pizzas, pastas, wraps, fried chicken and shakes. Finding a seat on the ground level there is a more spacious and lounge-like seating in the basement for larger groups we found the place buzzing. A stream of youngsters keeps flitting in and out, and don't take long to order, rattling out the names of their favourites dishes, which goes to suggest that the eatery has already found favour with them. The references to New York are plenty in the menu as well from a Brooklyn Combo that brings in fried chicken, burger, a soft drink and fries, to a Manhattan Combo, which has a similar pairing.
We settle for a NYPFC Burger that is listed as a speciality, and also order a pizza-sandwich and a portion of fried chicken. The latter is very familiar to the one a popular chain offers but we found it more succulent here. The burger was well-done and the leafy ingredients didn't end with just lettuce. We spotted veggies too, and the mayonnaise dressing was generous and had a nice flavour to it.
The newly launched pizza-sandwich is like an open calzone or a pizza pocket with a cold, crunchy and cheesy filling. For those who like wraps and filling portions, the pizza-sandwich is a good option. Also to cater to larger portions, a jumbo-sized Super Burger can be ordered.
If you are looking for fast food that's flavoursome, not too greasy and easy on the pocket, then NYPFC would make for a good choice. The location is both a USP and a deterrent. Finding parking space can be tricky, but for those who live in the southern sectors, proximity is an advantage.
Meal for two: Rs 400
Location: SCO 223, Sector 36 D
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly