Slow and steady
- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works, toll tops 2,500
- Nepal earthquake: 22 climbers dead in avalanche on Mt Everest
- Nepal Earthquake: Air services resumed to Kathmandu
- NDRF rescue team begins sifting through rubble in Nepal
- Heavy rains likely in quake-hit Nepal, warns Indian Meteorological Dept
— Vijai Pant
AFTER the retirement of Ricky Ponting, questions about Tendulkar's retirement abound. His performance over the last year has not been up to the mark, but that cannot decide his future. Every player goes through crests and troughs. He can't be challenged on the quality of his game, but his retirement will make space for the younger members of the Indian team to show their talents.
— Lokesh Nagpal
Sharing the gains
POLITICAL parties must use the parliamentary discussion on FDI in multibrand retail as an opportunity to hammer out a solution to price rise ('Retail FDI issue: End to Parliament logjam in sight', IE, November 28). They must not use it to score political points. The benefits of eliminating the middleman must be shared by the store owner, the producer and the consumer evenly.
— Manjit Singh Juneja