- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
Golf: Was played at the 1900 and 1904 Games, and will return to the Olympic program for the 2016 Rio Games.
Rugby: Held four times between 1900 and 1924, rugby will return to the program in 2016, but with a smaller, seven-per-side version.
Tennis: Dropped after 1924 Games but included as a demonstration sport in 1968 and 1984. Returned as a full medal sport 1988 Olympics onwards
Softball: Came into the games in 1996 and was dropped after the 2008 Games. Looking to return at the 2020 Olympics
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation
- Poor infrastructure not outdated syllabi — is what ails Indian universities
- India will have to get its act together on urban water
- Qandeel Baloch’s murder: Men craft, interpret and adjudicate over family laws in the subcontinent
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines