Small-time actress alleges rape
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
A small-time actress registered a case of rape against her boyfriend after he allegedly went back on his promise of marriage. The actress was in a relationship with the accused for the past few months, police said.
The accused, who is a cabin crew member of a private airline, allegedly had intercourse with the victim after luring her with the promise of marriage. However, when she told him she was pregnant, the 26-year-old accused allegedly broke off with her.
According to Versova police, the victim, who is from Uttar Pradesh, had come to Mumbai six years ago and stayed at Yari Road in Andheri (West). A few years ago, a common friend introduced her to Hardeep Singh Wadhwa. Three months ago, the two met again while they were helping a victim of an accident in Versova. The two then exchanged numbers.
Police said Hardeep then called up the woman and asked her to meet him, following which they soon fell in love. After a few days, Hardeep allegedly met the victim in his car, where he was consuming alcohol. He allegedly offered her a soft drink which he had spiked. When the woman lost consciousness, Hardeep allegedly took her to her apartment and raped her.
The next morning Hardeep allegedly promised her that he would marry her, and a few days later, the two went to a temple and got married. When the victim objected and demanded a proper wedding ceremony, Hardeep allegedly said he would talk to his parents soon.
Police said a few days later, the victim told Hardeep she was pregnant and that they should get married soon, but the accused asked her to abort the child. "The accused then broke off with the woman," said Sharad Borse, senior inspector.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer