Smart tags for free flow of traffic on expressway
- Unjust to blame Modi, Shah alone for Bihar debacle: Nitin Gadkari
- High Drama at Akal Takht, bid to attack Jathedar
- Every action has equal and opposite reaction: Nitish on BJP rumblings
- Chetia handed over to India: All you need to know about the ULFA leader
- For second successive year, PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans
The Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited (DGSCL), the concessionaire operating the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, will soon prepare a comprehensive marketing plan to promote the usage of smart tags to pay toll. This will ensure smoother and snarl-free traffic.
This comes after the concessionaire met stakeholders, including the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA), the NHAI and police, on Monday to discuss the matter.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court had directed the stakeholders to hold a meeting in Gurgaon to discuss measures to ensure free flow of traffic on the expressway.
DGSCL officials said the smart cards, on the lines of the touch-and-go Metro cards, were introduced by the company some time ago but had not been marketed well.
After Monday's meeting, a plan would be initiated to promote the cards. DGSCL sources said it would be like a top-up card where a commuter can recharge it.
They said several recharge slabs — such as Rs 100, Rs 200 and Rs 500 — would be available.
The sources said the cards could be recharged at petrol pumps along the expressway.
- With a few modifications, MGNREGA can dent poverty
- Centre should merge excise and service tax regimes as a precursor to GST
- Sanskrit and Persian have much in common
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- Best investment treaty
- Discrimination on basis of caste is continuing reality, state can't shirk responsibility