Smartphone apps to send SOS alert
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
A smartphone application which enable a user to send SOS alerts with the information of location to family and friends in any emergency situation has been launched by MindHelix Technosol.
The smartphone application 'Sentinel' can call friends and family in case of danger on the press of a button. It works in multiple scenarios even without triggering an alert manually, a company release said.
The application can send out alerts even if the attacker forcefully destroys the phone. As the call, SMS and email are sent from and Internet server, the application triggers an alert even if the user is not connected to the Internet by sending SMS with location to the server, it said.
The alerts consist of the last known location, time and direction with tracking information to see live data from the phone and pinpoint the location of the phone, Christin Emmanuel George, CEO of MindHelix Technosol said.
Sentinel can improve personal security, but that is just one of the features. Senior citizen can alert their doctors or parents who want to ensure the security of their children can use it, according to Christin.
MindHelix Technosol has created the Citizen Interaction/ Feedback tool for Delhi Police, the Know Your Police Station initiative.