Smoke after brake jam triggers panic on board Shatabdi
- Elections 2014 Live: Trinamool Congress workers beat up election officials in West Bengal
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Smoke emanating from the wheels of the Delhi-Lucknow Shatabdi Express due to a brake jam triggered panic among train passengers at the railway station here on Wednesday.
The incident took place around 7 AM when the Delhi-Lucknow Shatabdi, which was going to Lucknow from Delhi, suddenly came to a halt due to a brake jam at Ghaziabad Railway station.
"When the train was coming towards Ghaziabad railway station, its brake suddenly jammed. As train was at a high speed, a smog emerged in its wheel," an official of Government Railway Police said.
This triggered panic among passengers.
The problem was, however, sorted out within 15 minutes.
"The train has left for Lucknow," the official said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi