Smugglers held at CST, diamonds worth Rs 27 crore seized
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
The BMC vigilance department arrested two persons Friday for trying to evade octroi on diamonds worth Rs 27 crore.
Officials said the two reached CST by Jaipur- Mumbai Express.
The vigilance department had laid a trap after receiving a tip that an attempt to smuggle diamonds would be made.
At 7.50 am, officials spotted several bags being loaded into a vehicle parked outside the station and searched.
The diamonds were seized and a penalty of Rs 2.99 lakh imposed on the accused.