Smugglers held at CST, diamonds worth Rs 27 crore seized
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR lose Pandey after steady stand against DD
The BMC vigilance department arrested two persons Friday for trying to evade octroi on diamonds worth Rs 27 crore.
Officials said the two reached CST by Jaipur- Mumbai Express.
The vigilance department had laid a trap after receiving a tip that an attempt to smuggle diamonds would be made.
At 7.50 am, officials spotted several bags being loaded into a vehicle parked outside the station and searched.
The diamonds were seized and a penalty of Rs 2.99 lakh imposed on the accused.