Smugglers held at CST, diamonds worth Rs 27 crore seized
- TV channels threaten to blackout Kejriwal campaign
- Missing Malaysian jet: India clears its passengers
- BJP reacts angrily to Rahul Gandhi raking up 2002 riots issue
- BJP's 'Chai Pe Charcha' may run into Election Commission trouble
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
The BMC vigilance department arrested two persons Friday for trying to evade octroi on diamonds worth Rs 27 crore.
Officials said the two reached CST by Jaipur- Mumbai Express.
The vigilance department had laid a trap after receiving a tip that an attempt to smuggle diamonds would be made.
At 7.50 am, officials spotted several bags being loaded into a vehicle parked outside the station and searched.
The diamonds were seized and a penalty of Rs 2.99 lakh imposed on the accused.