Smugglers held at CST, diamonds worth Rs 27 crore seized
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
The BMC vigilance department arrested two persons Friday for trying to evade octroi on diamonds worth Rs 27 crore.
Officials said the two reached CST by Jaipur- Mumbai Express.
The vigilance department had laid a trap after receiving a tip that an attempt to smuggle diamonds would be made.
At 7.50 am, officials spotted several bags being loaded into a vehicle parked outside the station and searched.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully