Smugglers held at CST, diamonds worth Rs 27 crore seized
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
The BMC vigilance department arrested two persons Friday for trying to evade octroi on diamonds worth Rs 27 crore.
Officials said the two reached CST by Jaipur- Mumbai Express.
The vigilance department had laid a trap after receiving a tip that an attempt to smuggle diamonds would be made.
At 7.50 am, officials spotted several bags being loaded into a vehicle parked outside the station and searched.
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment