Snag hits BSNL services in Punjab
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Mobile services in the Punjab circle of state owned telecom major BSNL were disrupted today, causing inconvenience to users during the festive season. However, these were restored a few hours later. Customers, who did not receive a signal on their mobile sets, could neither call numbers on BSNL's own network nor on others in Punjab, Chandigarh and Panchkula in Haryana since early morning. A senior BSNL official said the disruption was due to a "technical snag" in the mobile exchange of the service provider in the city. Services to emergency numbers like 100, 101, 102 and 108 in the Punjab circle were also not working at the time. However, the services were restored in the evening with customers being able to make calls normally.