- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Three-day Judson Jig inter-school fest held
Judson Group of Schools organised an inter-school fest from October 3 at Acharya Atre Auditorium for students of various schools in the PCMC area. Ashish Vaishnav from Thermax Ltd inaugurated the programme, in which over 3,000 students from 15 schools in PCMC and Dehu Road participated in 33 competitions. The programme provided an opportunity to students to showcase their talent in various literary, creative, musical and dance activities. On October 3, group song, drawing, handwriting, essay writing, folk dance and face painting contests were held, while October 4 saw fancy dress, little chef, vegetable carving, elocution, fashion show, smart craft and rangoli competitions among others. The event came to a close with the award ceremony on October 5. A G Kshirsagar, factory manager of Thermax Ltd, was the chief guest who gave away trophies to the winners. Dr D Y Patil and SPM school won a trophy for the best participating school.
KVS principal gets National Award to Teachers
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) principal N D Joshi received the prestigious National Award to Teachers conferred by the Ministry of Human Resources. He received the award from President Pranab Mukherjee at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi last month. Joshi served as the principal of KV, National Defence Academy, and KV, Panvel, for five years each. He has been serving in KVS for the last 34 years, including 19 years as a Sanskrit teacher. He also won the KVS National Incentive Award in 1993. He is currently serving as the principal of KV, IIT-Powai.
World Maths topper from Vishwashanti Gurukul
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed