Snow avalanche kills one in Uttarakhand
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
An employee of the Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment was killed and three Army jawans were injured in a snow avalanche at a forward post near the Indo-China border in the district, ITBP sources said.
The snow avalanche occurred yesterday when a SASE team and Army personnel were jointly carrying out a routine exercise near Pulam Sundar post, the last Indian post along the Indo-China border in the district, they said.
The SASE employee killed in the avalanche has been identified as Ramchandra.
The three Army personnel injured in the avalanche have been rescued and are being brought in an IAF chopper to Harsil, 73 kms from here, for treatment, they said.