Snow Messi: 8-year-old Claudio Nancufil earns trial with Barcelona
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK wreak havoc on DD with clinical bowling
An Argentine eight-year-old prodigy has become a media sensation after the little boy, with the nickname of Snow Messi, won a trial with Barcelona.
Claudio Nancufil, very short in height, just like Messi, plays at the modest Martin Guemes club in the ski resort of Bariloche.
"As soon as he started to play (aged four) he was already different from all the rest of his playmates with regards to technique," club president Marcelo Ernalz was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.
"How he takes the ball stuck to his foot, brakes, stops, kicks, scores, shoots on goal, from when he was little he had all these distinct qualities.
"We're happy because both the kid and his family deserve an opportunity like this. He's physically small and had the same growth problems detected in Messi when he was little, and he's getting hormone treatment."
Not only Barcelona, but Spanish champions Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid have all shown interest in him, and the eight-year old will go to Spain for trials this year.
If reports are to be believed, Premier League sides Manchester United and Chelsea are interested in Nancufil, who is set to be part of a documentary on Argentine football.
"The BBC is preparing documentaries in the run-up to the World Cup in Brazil and with Argentina they want to unite the past, present and future," Otero said.
"For this, they plan to bring together Diego Armando Maradona, Lionel Messi and Claudio Nancufil and with the participation of (World Cup-winning coaches Cesar Luis) Menotti and (Carlos) Bilardo."