Lionel Messi signs new contract with Barcelona until 2018
- BJP calls Rahul's take on Land Bill a 'white lie', wants him to apologise
- Merger with CPI on cards: CPI(M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury
- Presstitutes remark row: Modi says media ignoring V K Singh's good work in Yemen
- This govt is for the poor: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- 24 dead, 28 rescued from Mediterranean migrant boat
Lionel Messi has signed a two-year contract extension with Barcelona, linking him to the Spanish club until June 2018.
The 25-year-old Argentina forward joined Barcelona when he was 13, and debuted with the first team three years later. He has gone on to become Barcelona's all-time leading scorer en route to winning four FIFA world player of the year awards.
Barcelona first announced in December that Messi, along with midfielder Xavi Hernandez and defender Carles Puyol, had agreed to extend their contracts.
Barcelona defender Jordi Alba says Messi's renewal is great news for Barcelona.