Social service necessary stepping stone for leaders: Nitin Gadkari
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday said involvement in social service helps political activists evolve into good leaders.
"Social work and politics go hand in hand. If you involve yourself in social service, it will benefit you in your political career as well," Gadkari said, addressing party workers at the inauguration of `Cataract-Free Mumbai campaign launched by senior leader Kirit Somaiya.
Later, while talking to reporters, Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council Vinod Tawde, also present at the function, said the government should declare a policy to ensure that land taken from farmers by the SEZ developers is returned if the SEZ does not come up.
"If farmers want their land back after the SEZ gets denotified, BJP will help them monetarily," Tawde said.