Sodomy case: Complaint against Digvijay Singh over 'Ram and Raghavji' tweet
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
A local lawyer has filed a police complaint against senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh over a controversial tweet posted by him after the arrest of former BJP Minister Raghavji on sodomy charge.
Sangeet Verma, who is also a RSS volunteer, filed the complaint with the Shahpura police station here yesterday. Verma has alleged that through his tweet, the Congress General Secretary had made a deliberate attempt to hurt the sentiments of Hindus, who have deep faith in Lord Ram.
Singh's tweet had mentioned about "Ram and Raghavji" and it was written a few days after the former State Finance Minister was arrested following allegation of sexual assault levelled by his servant.
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation
- Poor infrastructure not outdated syllabi — is what ails Indian universities
- India will have to get its act together on urban water
- Qandeel Baloch’s murder: Men craft, interpret and adjudicate over family laws in the subcontinent
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines