Sodomy case: Complaint against Digvijay Singh over 'Ram and Raghavji' tweet
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A local lawyer has filed a police complaint against senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh over a controversial tweet posted by him after the arrest of former BJP Minister Raghavji on sodomy charge.
Sangeet Verma, who is also a RSS volunteer, filed the complaint with the Shahpura police station here yesterday. Verma has alleged that through his tweet, the Congress General Secretary had made a deliberate attempt to hurt the sentiments of Hindus, who have deep faith in Lord Ram.
Singh's tweet had mentioned about "Ram and Raghavji" and it was written a few days after the former State Finance Minister was arrested following allegation of sexual assault levelled by his servant.
Police said they have received the complaint and it will be followed by an inquiry although a formal FIR is yet to be lodged. The Congress leader had later claimed that his tweet has been misinterpreted.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express