Sodomy case: Complaint against Digvijay Singh over 'Ram and Raghavji' tweet
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
A local lawyer has filed a police complaint against senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh over a controversial tweet posted by him after the arrest of former BJP Minister Raghavji on sodomy charge.
Sangeet Verma, who is also a RSS volunteer, filed the complaint with the Shahpura police station here yesterday. Verma has alleged that through his tweet, the Congress General Secretary had made a deliberate attempt to hurt the sentiments of Hindus, who have deep faith in Lord Ram.
Singh's tweet had mentioned about "Ram and Raghavji" and it was written a few days after the former State Finance Minister was arrested following allegation of sexual assault levelled by his servant.