Sodomy case: Complaint against Digvijay Singh over 'Ram and Raghavji' tweet
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
A local lawyer has filed a police complaint against senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh over a controversial tweet posted by him after the arrest of former BJP Minister Raghavji on sodomy charge.
Sangeet Verma, who is also a RSS volunteer, filed the complaint with the Shahpura police station here yesterday. Verma has alleged that through his tweet, the Congress General Secretary had made a deliberate attempt to hurt the sentiments of Hindus, who have deep faith in Lord Ram.
Singh's tweet had mentioned about "Ram and Raghavji" and it was written a few days after the former State Finance Minister was arrested following allegation of sexual assault levelled by his servant.
Police said they have received the complaint and it will be followed by an inquiry although a formal FIR is yet to be lodged. The Congress leader had later claimed that his tweet has been misinterpreted.