Sodomy case: Complaint against Digvijay Singh over 'Ram and Raghavji' tweet
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A local lawyer has filed a police complaint against senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh over a controversial tweet posted by him after the arrest of former BJP Minister Raghavji on sodomy charge.
Sangeet Verma, who is also a RSS volunteer, filed the complaint with the Shahpura police station here yesterday. Verma has alleged that through his tweet, the Congress General Secretary had made a deliberate attempt to hurt the sentiments of Hindus, who have deep faith in Lord Ram.
Singh's tweet had mentioned about "Ram and Raghavji" and it was written a few days after the former State Finance Minister was arrested following allegation of sexual assault levelled by his servant.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?