Sofia Vergara didn't have remarriage on mind
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
'Modern Family' star Vergara, who is ready to walk the aisle for the second time, says she never planned to remarry as she was happy being a single parent so far.
The 40-year-old actress, who recently became engaged to businessman Nick Loeb, says she did not want to wed again after her split from childhood sweetheart Joe Gonzalez nearly two decades ago, but thinks it is the perfect time now, reported Digital Spy online.
"I never really planned on getting married again. I had my son and it just wasn't a priority. But I love being in love, and I'm very happy right now. It's perfect," said Vergara, who has a 20-year-old son Manolo from her relationship with Gonzalez.
The Colombian actress is particularly close to Manolo because of all the time they have spent together, but now that his college is in Boston, she is less likely to see him because it is too "cold" in Massachusetts.
"We're very close because I got divorced when he was just one, so it's been the two of us. I divide my time between New York and Los Angeles, but I used to always say home is where my son is. But he's now in college in Boston and my home is definitely not Boston - it's too cold," she added.