- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
How do you feel being part of Deepa Mehta's Winds Of Change, based on Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children?
I am terribly excited mainly because the film is based on such a great book. Such books are written only once in a while.
After Godrej Khelo Jeeto Jiyo, would you contemplate doing another TV show?
As long as it's fun I wouldn't mind doing it. Television means insane work though, because at times I was shooting three episodes a day and being an anchor I was constantly thinking on my feet. But the money was awesome, and I could get myself a wonderful car and shift to an upscale area like Bandra in Mumbai.
Would you think of doing an item number if an offer came along?
I am not averse to experimenting with anything interesting. It will be wonderful to be part of a song which may go on to become more famous than the movie!
What about marriage plans?
No man can compare to independence is what I tell my mom and anyone else who asks me. But frankly a woman knows when the time is right for her to tie the knot, and when I feel I should, I definitely will.
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape