Sohrabuddin: Shah won’t be escort jailed cops to Mumbai
- âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Narendra Modi sent emissaries to open talks on Kashmir: Geelani
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Probe Ajit Pawar tape âthreateningâ to cut water supply: EC tells Pune collector
Former minister Amit Shah will not be accompanying 17 other accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter who have been summoned by a local court in Mumbai to be present on Friday.
According to Sabarmati Central Jail authorities who received the court's summons on Wednesday, the accused who are on bail, including Shah, will produce themselves before the court on their own.
Those lodged in jail will be taken to the court by a police team on Thursday.
The Supreme Court, on September 27, had ordered to transfer the 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case trial to Maharashtra.
Among the accused who will be produced before the court in Mumbai on Friday are suspended IPS officers D G Vanjara, Rajkumar Pandian, Dinesh MN and others.