SOL students want to attend classes in DU colleges
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Demanding opening of more colleges and permission to attend classes in regular colleges, students of Delhi University's School of Open Learning (SOL) held a protest at Faculty of Arts in North Campus on Monday.
According to Prithvi, a student of Political Science (Honours) at SOL, one of the major problems faced by students of distance learning programmes is the delay in declaration of results. "There are so many students who gave the final year exams. Due to late declaration of results, they could not get admission in Masters courses as the last date for admission had passed by the time they got their results," he said.
SOL officials, however, said they were not aware of the protest. "There are about 5,500 students who re-admitted themselves here. In fact, after the results were declared, students have been coming here to get admission in the second or third year. We haven't received any complaints till now," SOL assistant registrar O P Sharma said.