SOL students want to attend classes in DU colleges
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat moral code of conduct
- BJP gets its first new ally as Paswan returns to NDA fold
- Donât run from big retail chains, face them, Modi tells traders
- Lokpal selection process wonât yield best candidate, says Fali, declines role
Demanding opening of more colleges and permission to attend classes in regular colleges, students of Delhi University's School of Open Learning (SOL) held a protest at Faculty of Arts in North Campus on Monday.
According to Prithvi, a student of Political Science (Honours) at SOL, one of the major problems faced by students of distance learning programmes is the delay in declaration of results. "There are so many students who gave the final year exams. Due to late declaration of results, they could not get admission in Masters courses as the last date for admission had passed by the time they got their results," he said.
SOL officials, however, said they were not aware of the protest. "There are about 5,500 students who re-admitted themselves here. In fact, after the results were declared, students have been coming here to get admission in the second or third year. We haven't received any complaints till now," SOL assistant registrar O P Sharma said.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past