Solar eclipse seen in the city
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Partial solar eclipse was seen in the city and residents including the school and college students saw these rare celestial occurrences. At Govt Senior Secondary Model School at PAU, science mistress Kusum Lata who had been trained from Vigyan Prasar, made the students, staff and even the principal to see the eclipse.
The solar eclipse occurred at 17.55 a.m and ended at 3.38 p.m. This occurrence was shown to about 2,000 students of the school.
However many others stayed away from their offices because of the superstition involved. Many government as well as private employees took off while many others donated grains, pulses and other food items to the poor in the hope that something good will happen after this. Apart from this, many took bath after 3.38 p.m when the eclipse ended. Temples remained closed during the eclipse hours.