- Trinamool raises 'military coup' issue in Parliament, Parrikar says don't make it a controversy
- Parliament LIVE: Lok Sabha adjourned as Opposition stages noisy protest against demonetisation.
- PM Modi's TRP politics has caused India tremendous damage: Rahul Gandhi
- SC declines to take up plea to make National Anthem mandatory in courts without formal petition
- Bengaluru: Rs 2000 notes worth over Rs 4 crore seized by I-T dept
After an illustrious career as a playback singer for seven decades, Lata Mangeshkar's move to launch her own music label seems only natural. On Sunday, the legendary singer launched her flagship label, LM Music, along with veteran musician Pandit Jasraj, entrepreneur Nita Ambani and actor Amitabh Bachchan, in Mumbai.
"With changes taking place in the music scenario and with the focus on melody gradually fading away, I have reduced work in films. All through my career I wished to do more non-film recordings but due to film commitments, I couldn't," said the 83-year-old, adding that in recent years music labels too have been less forthcoming in releasing non-film albums due to commercial challenges faced by the music industry.
The launch of her label coincided with the release of six new albums, all a mix of Sufi and spirituality. Other personalities from the film and music industry who graced the occasion were Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Madhur Bhandarkar and Alka Yagnik among others.
- The order on national anthem is reminder of how slight SC's authority has become
- The digital economy calls for a new kind of oversight
- Political battle over demonetisation will reveal if Indian citizen has changed
- Raheel Sharif tried to change army’s template — with limited success
- The constitution emphasises power of state, not rights of individuals
- SC’s mandating of nationalism threatens to turn constitutional history backwards