- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
After an illustrious career as a playback singer for seven decades, Lata Mangeshkar's move to launch her own music label seems only natural. On Sunday, the legendary singer launched her flagship label, LM Music, along with veteran musician Pandit Jasraj, entrepreneur Nita Ambani and actor Amitabh Bachchan, in Mumbai.
"With changes taking place in the music scenario and with the focus on melody gradually fading away, I have reduced work in films. All through my career I wished to do more non-film recordings but due to film commitments, I couldn't," said the 83-year-old, adding that in recent years music labels too have been less forthcoming in releasing non-film albums due to commercial challenges faced by the music industry.
The launch of her label coincided with the release of six new albums, all a mix of Sufi and spirituality. Other personalities from the film and music industry who graced the occasion were Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Madhur Bhandarkar and Alka Yagnik among others.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?