- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
After an illustrious career as a playback singer for seven decades, Lata Mangeshkar's move to launch her own music label seems only natural. On Sunday, the legendary singer launched her flagship label, LM Music, along with veteran musician Pandit Jasraj, entrepreneur Nita Ambani and actor Amitabh Bachchan, in Mumbai.
"With changes taking place in the music scenario and with the focus on melody gradually fading away, I have reduced work in films. All through my career I wished to do more non-film recordings but due to film commitments, I couldn't," said the 83-year-old, adding that in recent years music labels too have been less forthcoming in releasing non-film albums due to commercial challenges faced by the music industry.