- Australia 79/4, India vs Australia Live Cricket Score and Updates, 2nd Test: Match heads towards exciting finish
- Fisherman shot dead by Sri Lankan navy, protests break out in Tamil Nadu
- Extremist elements also active in India: US travel advisory for its citizens
- Donald Trump signs revised executive order banning travellers from six Muslim-majority nations
- Campaign ends for last phase of voting: Ground falls silent, now it’s up in the air
After an illustrious career as a playback singer for seven decades, Lata Mangeshkar's move to launch her own music label seems only natural. On Sunday, the legendary singer launched her flagship label, LM Music, along with veteran musician Pandit Jasraj, entrepreneur Nita Ambani and actor Amitabh Bachchan, in Mumbai.
"With changes taking place in the music scenario and with the focus on melody gradually fading away, I have reduced work in films. All through my career I wished to do more non-film recordings but due to film commitments, I couldn't," said the 83-year-old, adding that in recent years music labels too have been less forthcoming in releasing non-film albums due to commercial challenges faced by the music industry.
The launch of her label coincided with the release of six new albums, all a mix of Sufi and spirituality. Other personalities from the film and music industry who graced the occasion were Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Madhur Bhandarkar and Alka Yagnik among others.
- Absolutist ideas of truth have been responsible for religious and political violence throughout history
- Indian Ocean regionalism will need India’s impetus, but Delhi does not seem up to the task
- Paranjape’s reading of ABVP’s activism and his facts about the seminar are wrong
- Is UP 2017 merely a repeat of Bihar 2015?
- Medical community’s angst on lower stent prices reveals a serious condition
- The Supreme Court’s recent reading of the law of contempt comes as a welcome relief