- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
After an illustrious career as a playback singer for seven decades, Lata Mangeshkar's move to launch her own music label seems only natural. On Sunday, the legendary singer launched her flagship label, LM Music, along with veteran musician Pandit Jasraj, entrepreneur Nita Ambani and actor Amitabh Bachchan, in Mumbai.
"With changes taking place in the music scenario and with the focus on melody gradually fading away, I have reduced work in films. All through my career I wished to do more non-film recordings but due to film commitments, I couldn't," said the 83-year-old, adding that in recent years music labels too have been less forthcoming in releasing non-film albums due to commercial challenges faced by the music industry.
The launch of her label coincided with the release of six new albums, all a mix of Sufi and spirituality. Other personalities from the film and music industry who graced the occasion were Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Madhur Bhandarkar and Alka Yagnik among others.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness