- Election Live: Narendra Modi addresses rally in Purnia, attacks Third Front
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
After an illustrious career as a playback singer for seven decades, Lata Mangeshkar's move to launch her own music label seems only natural. On Sunday, the legendary singer launched her flagship label, LM Music, along with veteran musician Pandit Jasraj, entrepreneur Nita Ambani and actor Amitabh Bachchan, in Mumbai.
"With changes taking place in the music scenario and with the focus on melody gradually fading away, I have reduced work in films. All through my career I wished to do more non-film recordings but due to film commitments, I couldn't," said the 83-year-old, adding that in recent years music labels too have been less forthcoming in releasing non-film albums due to commercial challenges faced by the music industry.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress