- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
After an illustrious career as a playback singer for seven decades, Lata Mangeshkar's move to launch her own music label seems only natural. On Sunday, the legendary singer launched her flagship label, LM Music, along with veteran musician Pandit Jasraj, entrepreneur Nita Ambani and actor Amitabh Bachchan, in Mumbai.
"With changes taking place in the music scenario and with the focus on melody gradually fading away, I have reduced work in films. All through my career I wished to do more non-film recordings but due to film commitments, I couldn't," said the 83-year-old, adding that in recent years music labels too have been less forthcoming in releasing non-film albums due to commercial challenges faced by the music industry.