Somdev, Yuki may return; Bhupathi, Bopanna unlikely
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi's vision is limited to 'toffees and balloons', says Raman Singh
Top singles players Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri are likely to return to the Indian Davis Cup team as the national selectors meet to pick the squad for the tie against Indonesia, here tomorrow.
In the absence of 11 top players, India had lost the Asia/Oceania Group I first round tie against South Korea 1-4 earlier this month.
The players ended their rebellion for the time being and made themselves available for the Indonesia tie after AITA agreed to improve the playing conditions and gave all the offers in writing. The selection committee is unlikely to overlook Somdev although he is fifth-highest ranked Indian player at 354. Somdev had beaten world number 39 Benoit Paire of France in an ongoing ATP event in France. Yuki is highest-ranked Indian player in singles at 257 so he is likely to return to the squad. He has not lived up to expectations after a sparkling career in junior circuit but he
is one player, who is considered India's future in singles along with Somdev.
Yuki had won both his singles in the relegation play-off tie against New Zealand in September 2012 in Chandigarh. For the doubles, the selection committee will stick with Leander Paes but it would be interesting to see if Purav Raja is retained. Raja had supported Paes well in the tie against Korea, as the two registered the only victory for India.