- Hardik Patel walks out of Lajpore jail after nine months
- Op Sankat Mochan: First flight carrying evacuated Indians from South Sudan reaches Kerala
- Behind Nice attack, a Caliphate in retreat
- Infosys Q1 net profit up 13 percent, but misses estimates; shares slide
- Arunachal CM Tuki wants 'reasonable' time, says Gov decision for floor test by Saturday 'hasty'
As far as starkids go, Abhishek Bachchan made the most courageous and unconventional debut with J.P. Dutta's Refugee. Contrary to expectations, this was not a launch under the home banner. Bachchan Jr had taken the plunge on the deep end even with his first film. Given his power packed performance, it was hardly surprising that he created his own niche. He has since then worked with several close friends namely Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty, Karan Johar. Farhan Akhtar, Goldie Behl, Mani Ratnam, Rohan Sippy, Shaad Ali and Uday Chopra with varying degrees of success. On the home front, he now is producer-in -chief of AB Corp with occasional acting credits (in Paa).
He has also worked with his wife, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan -- who didn't come from film background, she is one of the leading actresses today -- in Dhai Akshar Prem Ke, Guru, Raavan and Dhoom 2 with Guru being the most successful.
He has also worked with mom Jaya Bachchan and father Amitabh Bachchan but for now he's busy exploring new vistas and taking up challenges that come his way.
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality
- Bangladesh urgently needs to overhaul its anti-terror strategy
- New Delhi’s reverie is rudely interrupted by Kashmir reality again
- India’s population stabilisation: Three states hold the key
- The bully is bad news for the victim — and for himself
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance