- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
As far as starkids go, Abhishek Bachchan made the most courageous and unconventional debut with J.P. Dutta's Refugee. Contrary to expectations, this was not a launch under the home banner. Bachchan Jr had taken the plunge on the deep end even with his first film. Given his power packed performance, it was hardly surprising that he created his own niche. He has since then worked with several close friends namely Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty, Karan Johar. Farhan Akhtar, Goldie Behl, Mani Ratnam, Rohan Sippy, Shaad Ali and Uday Chopra with varying degrees of success. On the home front, he now is producer-in -chief of AB Corp with occasional acting credits (in Paa).
He has also worked with his wife, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan -- who didn't come from film background, she is one of the leading actresses today -- in Dhai Akshar Prem Ke, Guru, Raavan and Dhoom 2 with Guru being the most successful.
He has also worked with mom Jaya Bachchan and father Amitabh Bachchan but for now he's busy exploring new vistas and taking up challenges that come his way.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies