- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
As far as starkids go, Abhishek Bachchan made the most courageous and unconventional debut with J.P. Dutta's Refugee. Contrary to expectations, this was not a launch under the home banner. Bachchan Jr had taken the plunge on the deep end even with his first film. Given his power packed performance, it was hardly surprising that he created his own niche. He has since then worked with several close friends namely Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty, Karan Johar. Farhan Akhtar, Goldie Behl, Mani Ratnam, Rohan Sippy, Shaad Ali and Uday Chopra with varying degrees of success. On the home front, he now is producer-in -chief of AB Corp with occasional acting credits (in Paa).
He has also worked with his wife, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan -- who didn't come from film background, she is one of the leading actresses today -- in Dhai Akshar Prem Ke, Guru, Raavan and Dhoom 2 with Guru being the most successful.
He has also worked with mom Jaya Bachchan and father Amitabh Bachchan but for now he's busy exploring new vistas and taking up challenges that come his way.