Sonakshi Sinha loses 'Kick' to Deepika Padukone after price hike
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Sonakshi Sinha has been dropped out from filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala's upcoming movie 'Kick' due to her alleged price hike.
According to a leading daily, Nadiadwala, who had signed on Sinha as female lead opposite Salman Khan following the success of Dabangg, Son of Sardar and Dabangg 2, had already paid her the signing amount before the 25-year-old actress demanded a paycheck hike.
According to sources, the director wasn't happy with Sinha's U-turn and didn't believe that the actress had much to do with the success of the films that she has featured in so far, so he replaced her with Deepika Padukone.
The sources further added that paying more to the female lead wasn't the issue with the 46-year-old director as Padukone charges more for a film than what Sinha had demanded.
Nadiadwala felt that if he had to pay more to the heroine, then he might as well cast a bigger actress and since Padukone hasn't done any film with Salman, the pair will give an extra fresh touch to the movie.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express