Sonakshi Sinha loses 'Kick' to Deepika Padukone after price hike
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Sonakshi Sinha has been dropped out from filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala's upcoming movie 'Kick' due to her alleged price hike.
According to a leading daily, Nadiadwala, who had signed on Sinha as female lead opposite Salman Khan following the success of Dabangg, Son of Sardar and Dabangg 2, had already paid her the signing amount before the 25-year-old actress demanded a paycheck hike.
According to sources, the director wasn't happy with Sinha's U-turn and didn't believe that the actress had much to do with the success of the films that she has featured in so far, so he replaced her with Deepika Padukone.
The sources further added that paying more to the female lead wasn't the issue with the 46-year-old director as Padukone charges more for a film than what Sinha had demanded.
Nadiadwala felt that if he had to pay more to the heroine, then he might as well cast a bigger actress and since Padukone hasn't done any film with Salman, the pair will give an extra fresh touch to the movie.