Sonam Kapoor gets help from Rishi Kapoor for comic timing
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
Bollywood style diva Sonam Kapoor took guidance from veteran actor Rishi Kapoor to get her comic timing right for her upcoming rom-com film.
Sonam Kapoor's next venture is produced by Yash Raj Film's and directed by Nupur Asthana.
The Raanjhanaa actress said: "Rishi Uncle is such a fine actor. It's incredible to work with him. I've learnt so much from. My comic timing in the film was taught to me by Rishi Kapoor. I am not allowed to say much about the film. But Nupur Asthana is one of the nicest people I've worked with. Sanjay Bhansali, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Aanand Rai and now Nupur are the directors who have really given me a lot of confidence as an actor. Being a female director Nupur makes me feel very beautiful."
Sonam is currently basking in the fabulous reviews and box office report of Aanand L. Rai's Raanjhanaa.
The actress sounds immensely pleased with the outcome. "The thing is, I never got to do a role and film like Raanjhanaa. This is the first role since Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Delhi 6 where I got a chance to create a character from the working-class. Not that I don't love every character I play. I've come away from every film with something. But I can only be as good as the material offered and my co-stars. My director and co-star in Raanjhanaa are brilliant."
Sonam admits she has been learning acting on the job. "I am not a trained actor. I learnt the basics of acting while doing Saawariya with Sanjay Bhansali. So he was my acting guru. I don't follow any technique. I just flow with my character. That's what I did in Raanjhanaa. I surrendered to my director. It was both exhilarating and terrifying. Because I really didn't know where I was heading."
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held