Sonam Kapoor to star in 'Khoobsurat' remake
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Actress Sonam Kapoor, who will be seen in theatres with 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', is reportedly starring in the remake of 1980 hit film 'Khoobsurat'.
The original film, directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee, starred Rekha, Ashok Kumar, Dina Pathak and Rakesh Roshan.
The iconic film, which is best remembered for Rekha's character of a vivaciousness and fun-loving girl, will be remade by Sonam's actor father Anil Kapoor and directed by Shashanka Ghosh.
"Sonam is very excited to start working on this project as it was one of the finest works of Rekha. It was a blockbuster of 1980," a source close to Sonam said.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully