Sonam Kapoor wants fans to use glass-free manja for kite flying
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Actress Sonam Kapoor wants her fans to use regular thread while flying kites on Makar Sankranti instead of glass coated manja. Sonam, 27, who is a fan of kite flying, said, "I am all
for celebrating the festival just feel we should use regular manja so that we don't hurt birds."
The manja, which has a glass coating, is very effective during the kite flying but it is not good for birds who get slashed, wounded and killed when they become entangled in it. "We should fly kites with good old regular manja that has no glass coating. This would help minimize the damage that is caused to birds," she added. Sonam is currently gearing up for the release of Milkha Singh's biopic "Bhag Milkha Bhag", where she will be seen playing the love interest of the Flying Sikh, played by Farhan Akhtar.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express