Sonam Kapoor wants fans to use glass-free manja for kite flying
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Actress Sonam Kapoor wants her fans to use regular thread while flying kites on Makar Sankranti instead of glass coated manja. Sonam, 27, who is a fan of kite flying, said, "I am all
for celebrating the festival just feel we should use regular manja so that we don't hurt birds."
The manja, which has a glass coating, is very effective during the kite flying but it is not good for birds who get slashed, wounded and killed when they become entangled in it. "We should fly kites with good old regular manja that has no glass coating. This would help minimize the damage that is caused to birds," she added. Sonam is currently gearing up for the release of Milkha Singh's biopic "Bhag Milkha Bhag", where she will be seen playing the love interest of the Flying Sikh, played by Farhan Akhtar.