Sonam Kapoor wants fans to use glass-free manja for kite flying
- PM Narendra Modi returns to Red Fort with report card, calls for ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’
- Five civilians killed in J&K as Pak shelling intensifies in Poonch district
- Looking at Lanka: An election without noise and colour, and Sri Lankans are not complaining
- Noodle ban over, hope returns to Maggi’s small-town home
- First Indian in World Championships final, Saina Nehwal sets up ‘tricky’ Sunday
Actress Sonam Kapoor wants her fans to use regular thread while flying kites on Makar Sankranti instead of glass coated manja. Sonam, 27, who is a fan of kite flying, said, "I am all
for celebrating the festival just feel we should use regular manja so that we don't hurt birds."
The manja, which has a glass coating, is very effective during the kite flying but it is not good for birds who get slashed, wounded and killed when they become entangled in it. "We should fly kites with good old regular manja that has no glass coating. This would help minimize the damage that is caused to birds," she added. Sonam is currently gearing up for the release of Milkha Singh's biopic "Bhag Milkha Bhag", where she will be seen playing the love interest of the Flying Sikh, played by Farhan Akhtar.