Sonam Kapoor wants fans to use glass-free manja for kite flying
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
Actress Sonam Kapoor wants her fans to use regular thread while flying kites on Makar Sankranti instead of glass coated manja. Sonam, 27, who is a fan of kite flying, said, "I am all
for celebrating the festival just feel we should use regular manja so that we don't hurt birds."
The manja, which has a glass coating, is very effective during the kite flying but it is not good for birds who get slashed, wounded and killed when they become entangled in it. "We should fly kites with good old regular manja that has no glass coating. This would help minimize the damage that is caused to birds," she added. Sonam is currently gearing up for the release of Milkha Singh's biopic "Bhag Milkha Bhag", where she will be seen playing the love interest of the Flying Sikh, played by Farhan Akhtar.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity