Sonam named best all round gymnast
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
Sonam Deep was rewarded for her hardwork and excellent performance as she was declared best all round gymnast in Rhythmic girl's u-12 category in the 39th Chandigarh State Gymnastics Championship at Sector 7 Sports Complex on Wednesday. The student of SGGS Collegiate Public School, Sector 26 garnered 19.80 points to emerge as the top gymnast. She pipped Aarya Shashi, a student of Sacred Heart-26, by .50 points for the first place. Eknoor, a student of St Stephen's-45, came third with 18.10 points.
Sonam had earlier won the free hand event after finishing with 9.20 points. Aarya and Eknoor grabbed the second and third places with 7.50 and 6.40 points respectively. She also emerged winner in clubs event, pushing Aarya and Eknoor to second and third places as she finished with 5.40 points. Eknoor won the ball event with 7.50 points while Aarya finished first in hoop event with 6.60 points. Ravya took the first position in ribbon event with 5.20 points.
Meanwhile, in the Rhythmic u-10 category, Shreeya Danda and Saksham, both of Sacred Heart-26, bagged twin titles each. Danda won the Ball (6.8 points) and Hoop (6.4 points) events while Saksham emerged triumphant in Clubs (5.6 points) and Ribbon (5 points) events. Shreeya Sharma of Shishu Niketan was the winner in Free Hand event with 8.6 points.
In aerobics gymnastic in the junior section, Taniya of GMSSS-19 bagged gold in women individual event while Jagriti (SD School-32) and Kirandeep (GMSSS-47) came second and third respetively. In the men individual in senior section, Keshav Pal of ITBP emerged winner while Brij (GMSSS-19) and Ravi Kumar (ITBP) finished second and third respectively.
In the Rhythmic u-18 girl's section, Diksha of DAV Public School-8 came first in Free Hand event with 5.6 points, followed by Palak of KB DAV-7 and Aavya of Sacred Heart-26 with 4.2 and 3.4 points respectively. Palak emerged triumphant in 2nd Apparatus event with 6.3 points while Diksha and Kashish of Saupin's School-32 finished second and third with 4.2 and 3 points respectively.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer