Sonepat among 43 districts selected under cash transfer system
- Election Live: BJP in damage control mode, Rudy to meet Uddhav to fine tune alliance with Sena
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Haryana's Sonepat district has been selected as one of the 43 districts identified by the Union Government as model districts under Direct Benefit Transfer (cash transfer) System.
The concerned departments would directly transfer cash in the accounts of concerned beneficiaries of 34 schemes of the Central Government, a Haryana Government spokesman said here today.
The benefits of these schemes would be given only to those beneficiaries who would have their own bank accounts or Aadhar cards, he said.
He said directions in this regard have been issued to concerned departments to prepare a list of beneficiaries and submit the same to Additional Deputy Commissioner, Sonepat.
The spokesman said the Additional Deputy Commissioner, Sonepat has been directed to set up camps at educational institutes and at village and ward level for those beneficiaries who do not have their Aadhar cards or bank accounts.
This programme would be operated as per the directions of Finance Department of the Central Government, he said.
The spokesman said that for the timely implementation of this programme in Sonepat, senior accounts officer of Union Finance Ministry has given training to the concerned officers.
"With the implementation of this programme, the beneficiaries of various schemes would not only get timely payment, but it would also bring transparency and efficiency in the system," he said.
He said that under this programme, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Sonepat has been appointed as Nodal Officer, who would coordinate with the concerned officials for timely implementation of this programme.
To cover Sonepat district in a planned manner, one officer has been appointed for every five villages. At block level, concerned sub divisional officer or any other senior officer of the district has been appointed as nodal officer.
He said that out of 34 schemes, about 10 to 15 schemes have been earmarked in Sonepat. These schemes include Janani Suraksha Yojna of Health Department and various scholarship schemes for students belonging to the Scheduled Castes.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express