Songs of peace
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Aadesh Shrivastava roped in Amitabh Bachchan, and a bevy of acclaimed singers for his album, Global Sounds Of Peace, which spreads a message of peace through music in an era of turmoil
What is the concept behind your latest album Global Sounds Of Peace?
First, 9/11 happened, and then the 26/11 and the many train blasts. So many mishaps have taken place in the recent past and so many lives lost. Personally, I lost two of my friends in the 26/11 disaster. I have also met many people who have lost an earning member in their family because of incidents like these. In our country, where the concept of family insurance is not very popular, imagine what it must be like to those who have lost a bread winner. As a human being, I feel that when God has given us such a lovely life and a beautiful place to live in, why are we destroying it? So yeh sab vichaar tha is album ke peeche. We are trying to spread a message of through it.
What are the kind of songs in the album?
The tracks have been composed by me and written by lyricists Sameer, Shyam Raj, Panchhi Jalonvi, Rahul Seth, Neha Bhasin, Akon and Wyclef Jean. Everyone has supported me, especially Amitji (Amitabh Bachchan). I made a special track, Raag Basant, joh poore raag pe maine compose kiya hain. Vande Mataram in this album sounds different; it has been described as a prathana, and has been sung very well by Shankar Mahadevan. And I have composed all these songs in a symphony; pure form of raag blending into symphony. I have become the first Indian composer to work with London Philharmonic Orchestra.
What genres and types of songs are there in this album?
You will get to hear all kind of genres, including pop, R&B that me and my son Avitesh have sung with Akon. There's a classical track too. These are all songs that have either not been heard before, or were not heard for a long time.
- On Day 2 in Amethi, Kejriwal woos Muslims
- After Tytler self-goal, Capt goes on defensive
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police ‘don’t publicise work’
- Togadia ‘hate speech’: EC seeks report, police begin probe
- JuD chief: Hindus safe in Pak unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage