Sonia Gandhi shocked, anguished over Patna blasts
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Expressing shock and anguish over bomb blasts in Patna, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday said such "subversive and cowardly acts" aim at hitting at democracy.
Condemning the blasts, she said whoever perpetrates such ghastly acts should be brought to justice at the earliest.
She also extended her condolences to the family of those killed in the blasts and prayed for the safety and early recovery of those injured.
"Expressing shock and anguish, Gandhi said such subversive and cowardly acts aim at hitting at our democracy and whoever perpetrates such ghastly acts should be brought to justice at the earliest," a Congress release quoting her said.