Sonia Gandhi calls meeting with party leaders to discuss poll debacle
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
With Lok Sabha elections just a few months away, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi is expected to review the reasons for the party's debacle in the Assembly polls to four states at a meeting she has convened here this evening.
Among those invited for the meeting included party general secretaries who have been in-charge of Rajasthan,Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Delhi, party sources said.
Gandhi had on Sunday stated that she was disappointed with the results and had called for deep introspection into the reverses in the four states.
"We will introspect and take action to rectify our mistakes... Also we need to see if our party was equipped or not so well equipped to deal with the changing dynamics," she had said, admitting the people were "unhappy, otherwise they would not have given this result."
Party Vice-President Rahul Gandhi had promised to introduce drastic changes in keeping with the expectations of the masses. "We work for the people of this country and will do whatever it takes to live up to their expectations," he had said.
- Priest Murder Case: Two more priests take narco test
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal