Sonia Gandhi cancels Tripura trip due to ill health
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Didi lists out celebs, nephew and statistics
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who was scheduled to address two election meetings in Tripura, has cancelled her visit due to ill health, All India Congress Committee general secretary Luizinho Falerio said.
Ahead of the February 14 polls, Sonia was to hold meetings in Agartala and Kumarghat but it has been cancelled due to her illness, said Falerio, party in-charge of Tripura.
Earlier, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had also cancelled his trip. He was scheduled to address people yesterday at Ambassa in Dhalai district.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would hold four public meetings in Tripura on Monday to campaign in favour of party candidates for the elections, Falerio said.
He would address public meetings at Dharmanagar in North Tripura district, Khayerpur, near here, Sonamura in Sipahijala district and Shantirbazar in South Tripura district.
Falerio said the Opposition Congress would organise a public meeting on February 12 here which would be addressed by a heavy weight central leader of Congress, but his name is yet to be finalised.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan