Sonia Gandhi cancels Tripura trip due to ill health
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who was scheduled to address two election meetings in Tripura, has cancelled her visit due to ill health, All India Congress Committee general secretary Luizinho Falerio said.
Ahead of the February 14 polls, Sonia was to hold meetings in Agartala and Kumarghat but it has been cancelled due to her illness, said Falerio, party in-charge of Tripura.
Earlier, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had also cancelled his trip. He was scheduled to address people yesterday at Ambassa in Dhalai district.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would hold four public meetings in Tripura on Monday to campaign in favour of party candidates for the elections, Falerio said.
He would address public meetings at Dharmanagar in North Tripura district, Khayerpur, near here, Sonamura in Sipahijala district and Shantirbazar in South Tripura district.
Falerio said the Opposition Congress would organise a public meeting on February 12 here which would be addressed by a heavy weight central leader of Congress, but his name is yet to be finalised.