Sonia Gandhi cancels Tripura trip due to ill health
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra; Ansari not to contest against Modi
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- Mulayam questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who was scheduled to address two election meetings in Tripura, has cancelled her visit due to ill health, All India Congress Committee general secretary Luizinho Falerio said.
Ahead of the February 14 polls, Sonia was to hold meetings in Agartala and Kumarghat but it has been cancelled due to her illness, said Falerio, party in-charge of Tripura.
Earlier, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had also cancelled his trip. He was scheduled to address people yesterday at Ambassa in Dhalai district.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would hold four public meetings in Tripura on Monday to campaign in favour of party candidates for the elections, Falerio said.
He would address public meetings at Dharmanagar in North Tripura district, Khayerpur, near here, Sonamura in Sipahijala district and Shantirbazar in South Tripura district.
Falerio said the Opposition Congress would organise a public meeting on February 12 here which would be addressed by a heavy weight central leader of Congress, but his name is yet to be finalised.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi