Sonia Gandhi crossed a number of road-blocks 'tactfully': Karunanidhi
Holding that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi had crossed a number of road-blocks "tactfully", DMK president M Karunanidhi on Saturday said the "nation looks up" to her to provide a secular and stable government at the Centre.
"As Chairperson of the UPA, you have been crossing a number of road-blocks tactfully and facing many hurdles successfully...the nation looks up to you only, at this critical phase, to provide a secular and stable government at the Centre," he said in his birthday greetings to the leader, who turns 67 tomorrow.
"Despite certain impediments," he said, the achievements of the Congress-led UPA government, in which his party is a key constituent, "have been quite impressive".
"The poor and middle classes of people of this country certainly realise your abiding interest in their livelihood and welfare," he said, and wished her a very long life of happiness and good health.
- Not just schoolteachers, but changemakers in education
- Getting hit by Steyn bouncer changed me: Rahane
- Two yrs after town’s first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Give donations to AAP — through easy instalments
- No Hindi songs on Bihu, Ulfa warns artistes
- Dallas through to playoffs after one-year absence