Sonia Gandhi crossed a number of road-blocks 'tactfully': Karunanidhi
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Holding that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi had crossed a number of road-blocks "tactfully", DMK president M Karunanidhi on Saturday said the "nation looks up" to her to provide a secular and stable government at the Centre.
"As Chairperson of the UPA, you have been crossing a number of road-blocks tactfully and facing many hurdles successfully...the nation looks up to you only, at this critical phase, to provide a secular and stable government at the Centre," he said in his birthday greetings to the leader, who turns 67 tomorrow.
"Despite certain impediments," he said, the achievements of the Congress-led UPA government, in which his party is a key constituent, "have been quite impressive".
"The poor and middle classes of people of this country certainly realise your abiding interest in their livelihood and welfare," he said, and wished her a very long life of happiness and good health.