Sonia Gandhi discusses Telangana issue with senior party leaders
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
With the deadline set by Centre on Telangana fast approaching, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday discussed the contentious issue with senior party leaders.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi and Ahmed Patel were present at the meeting.
The meeting assumes significance in the wake of the January 28 deadline set by the Centre to decide on the issue.
Shinde had on December 28 said the Centre would take the decision on the issue within a month.
Hectic consultations are on at the highest levels in government amid speculation over various options to resolve the tangle.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment