Sonia Gandhi discusses Telangana issue with senior party leaders
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
With the deadline set by Centre on Telangana fast approaching, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday discussed the contentious issue with senior party leaders.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi and Ahmed Patel were present at the meeting.
The meeting assumes significance in the wake of the January 28 deadline set by the Centre to decide on the issue.
Shinde had on December 28 said the Centre would take the decision on the issue within a month.
Hectic consultations are on at the highest levels in government amid speculation over various options to resolve the tangle.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress