Sonia Gandhi discusses Telangana issue with senior party leaders
- Modi in US: PM meets media magnates; promises protection to Intellectual Property Rights
- Mecca stampede: Saudi blames heat, Iran says own responsibility
- Sourav Ganguly appointed chief of Cricket Association of Bengal
- Muzaffarnagar riots: SP, BJP in blame game over commission's report
- Gujarat HC slams Hardik Patel, his lawyer for midnight petition
With the deadline set by Centre on Telangana fast approaching, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday discussed the contentious issue with senior party leaders.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi and Ahmed Patel were present at the meeting.
The meeting assumes significance in the wake of the January 28 deadline set by the Centre to decide on the issue.
Shinde had on December 28 said the Centre would take the decision on the issue within a month.
Hectic consultations are on at the highest levels in government amid speculation over various options to resolve the tangle.