Sonia Gandhi gifts host of schemes to Raebareli
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Monday gifted a number of schemes to the people of her Lok Sabha constituency here that included road projects, new bank branches, FM radio station and a railway line, among others.
Gandhi, who landed at the Fursatganj airport this morning, laid foundation of over 50 roads under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna, connecting various villages of the district.
She also inaugurated a water treatment plant that will cater to 110 villages, and dedicated an FM radio station at Akashwani premises on Amawan Road.
FM Rainbow, available at a frequency of 102.8 mhz, will cater to the information and entertainment needs of the people.
Gandhi also inaugurated 13 branches of United Bank of India at Harchandpur block and laid foundation of the Raebareli-Maharajganj-Akbarganj railway line.
The proposed rail link will bring Mahrajganj tehsil of Raebareli on the railway map. Besides, Raebareli will also be connected to Faizabad by the shortest railway route.
During her short visit that lasted for nearly four hours, Gandhi neither spoke to the media, nor did she address any public meeting.
She, however, talked to the people of her constituency at some places and discussed their problems.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express