Sonia Gandhi gifts host of schemes to Raebareli
- SC commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- I-T looking into cheques to M S Dhoni by Amrapali group
- Cracks showing, BCCI chips off Srinivasan-owned India Cements
- 56 new entrants in BJP candidate list, anger rises
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi needs to be treated in mental hospital, says Sharad Pawar
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Monday gifted a number of schemes to the people of her Lok Sabha constituency here that included road projects, new bank branches, FM radio station and a railway line, among others.
Gandhi, who landed at the Fursatganj airport this morning, laid foundation of over 50 roads under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna, connecting various villages of the district.
She also inaugurated a water treatment plant that will cater to 110 villages, and dedicated an FM radio station at Akashwani premises on Amawan Road.
FM Rainbow, available at a frequency of 102.8 mhz, will cater to the information and entertainment needs of the people.
Gandhi also inaugurated 13 branches of United Bank of India at Harchandpur block and laid foundation of the Raebareli-Maharajganj-Akbarganj railway line.
The proposed rail link will bring Mahrajganj tehsil of Raebareli on the railway map. Besides, Raebareli will also be connected to Faizabad by the shortest railway route.
During her short visit that lasted for nearly four hours, Gandhi neither spoke to the media, nor did she address any public meeting.
She, however, talked to the people of her constituency at some places and discussed their problems.
- Nilekani squandered national resources to US firm: Swamy
- Autonomy: CBI chief says don’t view our demand with suspicion
- I want to stop poverty, they want to stop me: Modi
- Kanda gives Hooda’s road show a miss, to form party
- Air Force sends flight data recorder to US for analysis
- 41 letters in 3 yrs fail to move NHAI as accidents continue